Alcohol and Drug Awareness Sessions
Helping children, young people and adults
Hope UK’s Drug Educators are trained to help children, young people and adults with responsibility for them to find out more about alcohol, tobacco and illegal drugs and their effects on the mind and body.
Sessions are interactive and designed to meet the specific needs of a group. (See Case Studies for sample session content.) They take a holistic approach, setting alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in the context of community and culture. Participants are encouraged to think about their own lives and how their behaviour might influence others.
Hope UK Drug Educators are flexible, relevant and committed. They work with all ages from children to grandparents – whatever their background or faith – in schools and with children’s, youth and adult groups.
- Healthy living approach
- Fun sessions for churches and voluntary groups
- PSHE or RE in schools
Young People :
- Factual information with plenty of interaction and educational games
- Discussion about choices and attitudes
- PSHE, RE or Citizenship classes in schools
- Life Skills, peer influence, relationships
Parents and other carers :
- Drug Awareness presentations with opportunities for discussion
- Knowledge, signs and symptoms, strategies to help prevent drug use
- Hope UK supports the Drug Proof Your Kids® parental course provided by Care for the Family
Voluntary Organisations and Church Groups
- Talks for Rotary Club, Round Table, Women’s Institute, Church groups
- Participation in church services; prayer events; midweek meetings
- The needs of children’s, youth, church and family workers are met with a variety of courses. See the Training page for details.
Hope UK works on a donation basis for churches and voluntary groups, asking that each group considers a contribution towards travel and Hope UK’s running costs.
Statutory organisations, such as schools, are asked to pay a nominal fee which is currently £40 per Educator for the first hour and £25 for subsequent hours, plus travel and any other expenses.
There is a separate rate for commercial organisations available on request.