The Youth Advisory Board will assist Hope UK’s staff and Trustees in the following ways:
- help develop and publicise Generation Hope and the Alcohol-free Today project (AFT)
- act as advisers to Hope UK’s Trustees on issues relating to children and young people
- learn about what it means to be a charity Trustee in the hopes that they will eventually take on that role
- help adult Drug Educators run the 8-session ‘Drugs, Sex and You’ course
- help develop new projects that will extend Hope UK’s engagement with young people, eg, peer mentoring
- represent Hope UK at events and exhibitions where appropriate
Membership will offer many valuable opportunities for self-development for the young people involved.
The Youth Advisory Board will meet together several times per year and join Hope UK’s Trustees at their meetings when appropriate.